Join a team of experts dedicated to improving the lives of patients and families through gene therapy. We have a bold mission, but Jaguar Gene Therapy is committed to achieving it by hiring top talent, fostering a unique, collaborative culture, and driving a thoughtful pipeline targeting diseases where a one-time gene therapy solution can have a major impact on the trajectory of a person’s life.
The Warehouse/Facility Support Technician will be responsible for performing core warehouse operations at the Jaguar North Carolina facility. The individual will ensure warehouse activities are conducted in adherence to all Jaguar Gene Therapy procedures and expectations. The role will assist perform receipt, storage, and delivery of raw materials to support process and analytical development operations. Additionally, this position will work with the engineering department to support the facility and equipment on site.
This role will work closely with Process Sciences, Analytical Development, Quality, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain to ensure end-to-end internal material and facility needs are met. As a small company, this individual will need to think strategically but will also be required to have a “hands on” approach to routine day to day activities ensuring that day to day functions are executed in a timely manner.
General Position Summary/Purpose
- Perform warehouse operations, including receiving, storage, shipment, inventory management, and order processing of all materials for the site, including, but not limited to, product raw materials, consumables, and office supplies.
- Maintain material inventory utilizing ERP (SAP) system for warehouse and inventory management.
- Perform cycle counts to maintain accurate inventory.
- Operate pallet jacks and forklifts in accordance with the applicable safety program.
- Ensure that all documentation and system transactions are completed in a timely manner and are accurate per Good Documentation Practices.
- Collaborate with Process Science, Analytical Development, Supply Chain and Facilities in supporting operations and the resolution of issues.
- Ensure all warehouse and facility operations are always conducted in a safe and compliant manor.
- Partner with Engineering Department to ensure equipment preventative maintenance and calibration plans are followed in adherence to the SOP’s and logbooks are updated.
- Uncrate and setup equipment for commissioning that is received.
- Schedule and/or coordinate outside service providers to perform required maintenance work onsite, including coordination with Jaguar personnel on when work is to be completed.
- Perform facility, equipment and instrumentation maintenance tasks as required.
- Minimum of 1 – 5 years of experience in warehouse/facilities role.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Driven and self-motivated with the ability to lead and facilitate priorities and activities across cross functional teams.
- Agility to quickly adjust and navigate shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to lift to 50 pounds
- Experience with MS Excel and Word. Experience with SAP is a plus
Level of position will be determined based on candidate’s experience and qualifications.
About Jaguar Gene Therapy
Jaguar Gene Therapy, LLC is accelerating breakthroughs in gene therapy for patients suffering from severe genetic diseases. Led by former AveXis leadership, Jaguar leverages a proven management team with the expertise to accelerate the development, manufacturing and commercialization of novel gene therapy treatments for the patients, families and communities looking for hope.
Jaguar Gene Therapy is focused on advancing its initial pre-clinical pipeline of AAV9-based gene therapies:
- JAG101 is a gene therapy treatment in development for galactosemia, a metabolic condition diagnosed within months of birth. It is caused by an inborn error of carbohydrate metabolism, which impairs the body’s ability to process and produce energy from galactose, one of the sugars in breast milk and formula.
- JAG201 is a gene therapy treatment in development for a specific genetic cause of autism spectrum disorder. Hallmarks of autism disorders include seizures, emotional/social interaction issues, and restricted and repetitive behaviors that can persist and interfere with everyday life.
- JAG301 is a gene therapy treatment in development for Type 1 diabetes, a metabolic autoimmune disease that currently requires lifelong insulin injection dependency. Serious complications from Type 1 diabetes can include frequent hospitalizations, blindness, heart disease, stroke, kidney damage and nerve damage.
Additionally, Axovia Therapeutics, a majority-owned subsidiary of Jaguar Gene Therapy that is focused on creating transformative therapies for ciliopathies, is advancing AXV101, a gene therapy treatment for BBS1, a subset of Bardet-Biedl syndrome (BBS). A life-threatening neurometabolic condition, BBS causes progressive vision loss, severe obesity, learning disorders and kidney disease.
EEO Statement: Jaguar Gene Therapy, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.