Join a team of experts dedicated to improving the lives of patients and families through gene therapy. We have a bold mission, but Jaguar Gene Therapy is committed to achieving it by hiring top talent, fostering a unique, collaborative culture, and driving a thoughtful pipeline targeting diseases where a one-time gene therapy solution can have a major impact on the trajectory of a person’s life.
The Assay Development Scientist is responsible for overseeing the development of preclinical and clinical assays necessary for the development of gene therapy products across multiple vendors for all programs in the Jaguar pipeline.
General Position Summary/Purpose
- Lead technical aspects of assay development and validation
- Qualify and select applicable vendors for preclinical, GLP, and GCP method development and testing
- Provide subject matter expertise for analytical assays such as ddPCR, cell-based and immunoassays
- Analyze data and present findings to internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with preclinical and clinical team members and program managers to ensure project timelines meet with development expectations for each program
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in drug development across multiple phases
- Previous experience with methods involving anti-capsid antibodies, neutralizing antibodies, ELISA, EliSpot, biodistribution, ddPCR, enzyme activity, biomarkers
- Strong project management and time management skills with the ability to independently move projects forward within an established budget and timeline
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with MS Excel, Word, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, Microsoft Office, Teams, Share Point, Smart Sheets
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as demonstrated organizational aptitude
- Ability to manage vendors
- Experience with AAV vectors preferred
Education Requirements (degree, Certifications, Etc.)
PhD in a scientific field
About Jaguar Gene Therapy
Jaguar Gene Therapy, LLC is accelerating breakthroughs in gene therapy for patients suffering from severe genetic diseases. Led by former AveXis leadership, Jaguar leverages a proven management team with the expertise to accelerate the development, manufacturing and commercialization of novel gene therapy treatments for the patients, families and communities looking for hope.
Jaguar Gene Therapy is focused on advancing its initial pre-clinical pipeline of AAV9-based gene therapies:
- JAG101 is a gene therapy treatment in development for galactosemia, a metabolic condition diagnosed within months of birth. It is caused by an inborn error of carbohydrate metabolism, which impairs the body’s ability to process and produce energy from galactose, one of the sugars in breast milk and formula.
- JAG201 is a gene therapy treatment in development for a specific genetic cause of autism spectrum disorder. Hallmarks of autism disorders include seizures, emotional/social interaction issues, and restricted and repetitive behaviors that can persist and interfere with everyday life.
- JAG301 is a gene therapy treatment in development for Type 1 diabetes, a metabolic autoimmune disease that currently requires lifelong insulin injection dependency. Serious complications from Type 1 diabetes can include frequent hospitalizations, blindness, heart disease, stroke, kidney damage and nerve damage.
Additionally, Axovia Therapeutics, a majority-owned subsidiary of Jaguar Gene Therapy that is focused on creating transformative therapies for ciliopathies, is advancing AXV101, a gene therapy treatment for BBS1, a subset of Bardet-Biedl syndrome (BBS). A life-threatening neurometabolic condition, BBS causes progressive vision loss, severe obesity, learning disorders and kidney disease.
EEO Statement: Jaguar Gene Therapy, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.