Join a team of experts dedicated to improving the lives of patients and families through gene therapy. We have a bold mission, but Jaguar Gene Therapy is committed to achieving it by hiring top talent, fostering a unique, collaborative culture and driving a thoughtful pipeline targeting diseases where a one-time gene therapy solution can have a major impact on the trajectory of a person’s life.
The Scientist will provide analytical support to process and analytical development activities at the Jaguar Process Sciences Lab in Cary, NC and third-party laboratories. This role will require execution of tests inside the Analytical Development Laboratory, data analysis and technical report writing.
This role will report to the Manager of Analytical Development. As a small company, this individual will need to think strategically but will also be required to have a “hands on” approach to routine activities ensuring that day to day functions are executed in a timely manner.
General Position Summary/Purpose
- Perform development and optimization of chromatographic and electrophoretic methods.
- Perform analytical and physicochemical testing of process intermediate samples.
- Document and report analytical results using Good Documentation Practices.
- Author Standard Operating Procedures, Analytical Test Methods and Development Reports.
- Communicate with all required members of the organization to ensure that testing and reporting of results is completed in a timely manner.
- Minimum of two years of hands-on experience in Analytical Development, Research or Quality Control.
- Applied experience in analytical chemistry with focus on methods such as: HPLC, Capillary Electrophoresis, Light Scattering, Ultracentrifugation.
- Proficiency in technical writing.
- Experience working in a fast paced, start-up environment.
- Strong, open and transparent communication skills (verbal and written), including excellent presentation skills.
- Independent time management skills.
- Experience with MS Excel, Word, MS Project, and MS PowerPoint is a plus.
- Ability to travel – up to 25%.
- Undergraduate degree in Chemistry/Biology or relevant science
- Graduate degree preferred, PhD or MS in Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related discipline
About Jaguar Gene Therapy
Jaguar Gene Therapy, LLC is accelerating breakthroughs in gene therapy for patients suffering from severe genetic diseases. Led by former AveXis leadership, Jaguar leverages a proven management team with the expertise to accelerate the development, manufacturing and commercialization of novel gene therapy treatments for the patients, families and communities looking for hope.
Jaguar Gene Therapy is focused on advancing its initial pre-clinical pipeline of AAV9-based gene therapies:
- JAG101 is a gene therapy treatment in development for galactosemia, a metabolic condition diagnosed within months of birth. It is caused by an inborn error of carbohydrate metabolism, which impairs the body’s ability to process and produce energy from galactose, one of the sugars in breast milk and formula.
- JAG201 is a gene therapy treatment in development for a specific genetic cause of autism spectrum disorder. Hallmarks of autism disorders include seizures, emotional/social interaction issues, and restricted and repetitive behaviors that can persist and interfere with everyday life.
- JAG301 is a gene therapy treatment in development for Type 1 diabetes, a metabolic autoimmune disease that currently requires lifelong insulin injection dependency. Serious complications from Type 1 diabetes can include frequent hospitalizations, blindness, heart disease, stroke, kidney damage and nerve damage.
Additionally, Axovia Therapeutics, a majority-owned subsidiary of Jaguar Gene Therapy that is focused on creating transformative therapies for ciliopathies, is advancing AXV101, a gene therapy treatment for BBS1, a subset of Bardet-Biedl syndrome (BBS). A life-threatening neurometabolic condition, BBS causes progressive vision loss, severe obesity, learning disorders and kidney disease.
EEO Statement: Jaguar Gene Therapy, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.