Join a team of experts dedicated to improving the lives of patients and families through gene therapy. We have a bold mission, but Jaguar Gene Therapy is committed to achieving it by hiring top talent, fostering a unique, collaborative culture, and driving a thoughtful pipeline targeting diseases where a one-time gene therapy solution can have a major impact on the trajectory of a person’s life.
The Publications Manager is responsible for the execution of assigned medical, scientific, and technical publications included in global disease publication plans. The manager will work closely with the Chief Medical Officer and/or Clinical Development and Translational Medicine teams as well as external consultants, key opinion leaders, and academic partners for assigned disease states to ensure quality, accuracy, and scientific narrative flow. This position will also be responsible for managing the publication with the vendor as applicable.
This individual must be adept at working in a fluid environment and foster a strong collaborative spirit internally and externally. This individual must also have strong personal skills to influence without authority, motivate others and manage conflict.
General Position Summary/Purpose
- Contributes to development of global disease publications plan
- Partners with senior colleagues to develop assigned publications within the global disease publication plans
- Responsible for publication execution within multiple disease areas
- Ensures compliance with Jaguar publication policy and external publication guidelines
- If applicable, works with assigned vendor to ensure the publication is executed on time, within budget, and with exceptional quality
- Responsible for ensuring the internal bibliography is current
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in drug development across multiple phases
- Clear understanding of current publication environment, ICMJE, GPP3, and other global guidelines related to publications, scientific data communication, and transparency standards
- Strong project management and time management skills with the ability to independently move projects forward within an established budget and timeline
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, and Smart Sheets
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as demonstrated organizational aptitude
- Ability to manage vendors as needed
Education Requirements (degree, Certifications, Etc.)
Minimum undergraduate degree in a scientific field
About Jaguar Gene Therapy
Jaguar Gene Therapy, LLC is accelerating breakthroughs in gene therapy for patients suffering from severe genetic diseases. Led by former AveXis leadership, Jaguar leverages a proven management team with the expertise to accelerate the development, manufacturing and commercialization of novel gene therapy treatments for the patients, families and communities looking for hope.
Jaguar Gene Therapy is focused on advancing its initial pre-clinical pipeline of AAV9-based gene therapies:
- JAG101 is a gene therapy treatment in development for galactosemia, a metabolic condition diagnosed within months of birth. It is caused by an inborn error of carbohydrate metabolism, which impairs the body’s ability to process and produce energy from galactose, one of the sugars in breast milk and formula.
- JAG201 is a gene therapy treatment in development for a specific genetic cause of autism spectrum disorder. Hallmarks of autism disorders include seizures, emotional/social interaction issues, and restricted and repetitive behaviors that can persist and interfere with everyday life.
- JAG301 is a gene therapy treatment in development for Type 1 diabetes, a metabolic autoimmune disease that currently requires lifelong insulin injection dependency. Serious complications from Type 1 diabetes can include frequent hospitalizations, blindness, heart disease, stroke, kidney damage and nerve damage.
Additionally, Axovia Therapeutics, a majority-owned subsidiary of Jaguar Gene Therapy that is focused on creating transformative therapies for ciliopathies, is advancing AXV101, a gene therapy treatment for BBS1, a subset of Bardet-Biedl syndrome (BBS). A life-threatening neurometabolic condition, BBS causes progressive vision loss, severe obesity, learning disorders and kidney disease.
EEO Statement: Jaguar Gene Therapy, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.