Join a team of experts dedicated to improving the lives of patients and families through gene therapy. We have a bold mission, but Jaguar Gene Therapy is committed to achieving it by hiring top talent, fostering a unique, collaborative culture and driving a thoughtful pipeline targeting diseases where a one-time gene therapy solution can have a major impact on the trajectory of a person’s life.
The Associate/Assistant Director, Preclinical Programs will be responsible for the execution and reporting of pilot and pivotal pharmacology studies in rodent animal models and supportive studies in non-human primates. The individual will participate in the design, management and execution of these studies through CRO and academic partnerships. This role will be responsible for the non-clinical pharmacology aspects of regulatory submissions.
This role will report to the VP, Preclinical and Translational Medicine and work closely with the other Jaguar functional leads to ensure timely completion, accurate reporting and detailed documentation of pivotal pharmacology studies. The role will also support design and execution of IND-enabling toxicology studies. The role will work remotely.
General Position Summary/Purpose
- Will serve as point of contact for partners executing pharmacology studies
- Design and execute preclinical studies and timelines that align with business priorities and goals
- Ensure proper documentation and reporting of study results
- Partner with Research QA to develop quality infrastructure around preclinical studies
- Become internal subject matter expert on indications
- Participate in program strategy planning
- Work cross functionally with CMC, Clinical, Quality, Program Management and Regulatory functions to assist program design and execution
- Prepare and present updates in group meetings including to company leadership
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting a culture focused on quality and patient safety
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in early drug development
- Experience with gene therapy products preferred
- Understanding of GLP and pharmaceutical industry procedures and regulations, specifically working with biological drug products
- Demonstrated people management skills
- Experience working in a fast paced, start-up environment desired
- Strong, open and transparent communication skills (verbal and written), including excellent presentation skills
- Strong organizational, program and time management skills
- Experience with MS Excel, Word, MS Project, and MS PowerPoint is a plus
- Ability to travel – up to 25%
Education Requirements (Degree, Certifications, Etc.)
Graduate degree required, PhD or MS in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related discipline
About Jaguar Gene Therapy
Jaguar Gene Therapy, LLC is accelerating breakthroughs in gene therapy for patients suffering from severe genetic diseases. Led by former AveXis leadership, Jaguar leverages a proven management team with the expertise to accelerate the development, manufacturing and commercialization of novel gene therapy treatments for the patients, families and communities looking for hope.
Jaguar Gene Therapy is focused on advancing its initial pre-clinical pipeline of AAV9-based gene therapies:
- JAG101 is a gene therapy treatment in development for galactosemia, a metabolic condition diagnosed within months of birth. It is caused by an inborn error of carbohydrate metabolism, which impairs the body’s ability to process and produce energy from galactose, one of the sugars in breast milk and formula.
- JAG201 is a gene therapy treatment in development for a specific genetic cause of autism spectrum disorder. Hallmarks of autism disorders include seizures, emotional/social interaction issues, and restricted and repetitive behaviors that can persist and interfere with everyday life.
- JAG301 is a gene therapy treatment in development for Type 1 diabetes, a metabolic autoimmune disease that currently requires lifelong insulin injection dependency. Serious complications from Type 1 diabetes can include frequent hospitalizations, blindness, heart disease, stroke, kidney damage and nerve damage.
Additionally, Axovia Therapeutics, a majority-owned subsidiary of Jaguar Gene Therapy that is focused on creating transformative therapies for ciliopathies, is advancing AXV101, a gene therapy treatment for BBS1, a subset of Bardet-Biedl syndrome (BBS). A life-threatening neurometabolic condition, BBS causes progressive vision loss, severe obesity, learning disorders and kidney disease.
EEO Statement: Jaguar Gene Therapy, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.